



**AEP Steering Committee Meeting**  
**Fri. September 12, 2025 - 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m.**

**MVC – Building 3000, Rm 3026**  
**28237 La Piedra Rd., Menifee, CA**

**MINUTES**

**Participants:**

Miriam Brijandez, Jasmine Port, Eileen Vargas-MSJC, Blair Bradley-Hemet, Anthony Coronado-Beaumont, Chris Rivard and David Schlottman-Temecula, Todd Peel and Ken Swanson-San Jacinto, Melissa Lee-Banning, Morgan Quick-Murrieta, Victor Gomez-RCOE, Nohora Vazquez-Lake Elsinore, Pauline Garcia-Perris Marlon Hernandez-Professional Expert

**Call to Order:**

Meeting called to order at 9:05 a.m. by Jasmine Port

**Jasmine:** Welcomed everyone and conducted roll call.

**August 8, 2025, Meeting Minutes Approval**

**Jasmine:** Initiated the discussion about the minutes.

- Ken motion to approve
- Pauline second
- All approved, so motion carried

**RCOE Member-Voluntary Allocation Reduction Review and Clarification**

**Jasmine:** Initiated the discussion

**Nohora:** Covering budget and work plan, instructional hours for whoever is in the 20% carryover, those are admin duties. Back in June we set the 3-year plan with the goals. March 2024, we started working on reflecting on our effectiveness and our assessment. Reflecting on what we were able to do for the 22-25 status, we decided to work on goals for the next three years. Year one is to generate 6,700 students among all agencies, which is achievable if your plans are up to date.

**Blair:** The percentage is not in the enrollment goal, correct? That is the allocation, we all have different enrollment goals like for me its 14.97% out of the 6,770, not the total ,6770

**Nohora:** Confirmed Blair is correct and explains how it works. Opened for questions, no questions. Explains we need to communicate if we are on track, ahead, or behind.

**Victor:** Does this include ASE programs?

**Nohora:** Explained all gains, we can see the numbers in our action plan, sent yesterday. These are our pre and posts for all students and programs that are served at our schools. These are ESL, High School Diploma, and GED. This is truly pre and post as literacy gains. I don't think we have anybody that is pre and post testing CTE

**Blair:** We all do something slightly different for CTE programs; if that pre post gain number is really over representing CTE if you are CASAS testing CTE.

**Nohora:** Work plan, includes the goals, budget, and preview, these are due Sept 30. Log into Nova, log into our consortium, then member agency. The adult ed principal is responsible for completing all three sections of the work plan. In October, Jasmine and I will be working on this. We need the teams help tracking and entering per section. As we need to create a community asset map for our division.

**Nohora:** For the AJCC referral process we will be working with the data people and Marlon as this is going to be happening now formally. I was able to report 102 referrals through AJCC with proof because that is a problem. I forward these to our partners/neighbors in North Riverside, "About Students". They were all thrilled that they did it and Riverside Adult School ended up with 200 referrals to AJCC.

Dr. Zachary keeps reemphasizing that we better have work force on our end; I don't know what she knows but she says it is coming down where we are going to be forced more than ever to work with AJCC

**Victor:** The goal for AJCC referral, is that for the additional support services that are with our agencies or placement for further training?

**Nohora:** That is referral for employment and training to the AJCC centers. Dr. Zachary talks about inviting them to do Co-location services at your agency like corona and others did. We are in difficult moments with WIOA budget, and we must have workforce programs to try to protect CAPE through workforce development boards.

**Jasmine:** If you don't have a counselor on site doing this work, Marlon is available to help with this.

**Nohora:** Explains why data matters, we get our numbers by reporting all numbers. Everyone needs to contribute and we must mark all the programs we work with. If someone tells you yes, we are transitioning to college, but you don't mark it, you are losing that data.

**Nohora:** We only enter key deliverables.

**Jasmine:** Is work force on there?

**Blair:** Two years ago, they changed the name of work force to work force reentry.

**Nohora:** Lets talk about budget, it is an import subject today. This has not been done accordingly. FISCO grabs your numbers form galaxy and plug it in here. We need a breakdown on the budget for salary, who is being paid and why. We need a clear understanding of how we are spending this money for CAPE. Time sertifications that say you are being paid 100% or 30% from CAPE ect.

**Anthony:** Do we break down the percentage of where money is coming from.

**Blair:** I am paying everyone in CAPE until WIOA is back, I cut programs that will not come back till WIOA is back. Oct 1 will be different for me.

**Nohora:** The main goal is how much does this program costing you? We need to be able to pull those numbers to see what is working for you and what needs to be revised.

**Blair:** It's important that we put the breakdown not just the position and add the description of their duties.

**Nohora:** Goals are not required under Fisco anymore.

**Ken:** You would like to see a breakdown of these people?

**Jasmine:** If it is not instruction, it is not faculty, then we need to know.

Anthony: The correct way would be to breakdown our total next to those people, like ESL teachers, \$100,000 right?

**Nohora:** From here to Sept 30<sup>th</sup> we at least need to see the program, ESL, HSD, GED, ect and how many teachers that work for that program and if they are parttime or fulltime. \$4000 are material and supplies.

**Blair:** Remember on the 1000s and 2000s that's just your salaries not your benefits.

**Nohora:** Yes, 3000s you can just put the word benefits. We are not going to break down any of this. 4000s is important because it's materials and supplies. 5000s is operational expenses, conference, or facilities, printing. 6000s is for items more than \$5000.00 total.

**Morgan:** explains how she has a goggle doc breakdown to manage her budget, and uses Fisco to send them the breakdown.

**Melissa:** Allocation is more than it should be; they are working on currenting and updating this. Do we go with the latest allocation

**Jasmine:** Confirms she goes with the latest allocation.

**Nohora:** Sept 30<sup>th</sup> we will have real amounts. No one but Jasmine clicks on consortium fiscal admin expense. Sept. We must have it entered, Jasmine and Nohra must submit Oct 10<sup>th</sup>. If not, you are authorized to submit, you contact your fisco person and let them know it's there ready to submit and they will submit on your behalf.

**Victor:** We submit our numbers and our plan when we come here and we will talk it over

**Nohora:** Jasmine and I will preview it before Oct 25 meeting and if there is any questions we will bring it to the table then present the numbers as a group and approve. This must be in by Sept 30<sup>th</sup> so we can have it for our next meeting Oct 10<sup>th</sup>

### **Survey Monkey Implementation**

**Nohora:** introduces the subject to the team, let's talk about Survey Monkey. We purchase this so we can track our students. We can do as many surveys as we like as it is your license.

Explains how her survey worked out for her and her staff. We are going to send a calendar, please allow the members to participate for one hour. We appreciate it.

**Jasmine:** Victor, if you do not have access, talk to admin to be sent the activation link as it was going to the previous staff. They will have to inform Admin of the staff change and send you the link to activate.

**Victor:** Understood I will reach out to Admin and get that taken care of.

**Nohora:** We are going to test the survey to be sure that sharing a survey the response goes to you and not back to me. Administrate this at the end of your semester, Nov and May.

**David, Blair, Anthony:**

- motion to approve
- second
- All approved, so motion carried

### **Annual Community Forum Save the Date and Location**

**Jasmine:** Introduces the subject. We will get everyone the, “save the date” out to you, the third week of Sept and that date will be, Friday, May 8, 2026 at MSJC Temecula Vellay campus. It will be out this coming week. Get that out to leadership and state holders. We need our leadership there. We will have to make it short as leadership can only stay about an hour so we must get that wonderful stuff, like student testimonials, panel, and that real engagement stuff, and talk about format and how we make it a hard impact.

**Anthony:** We will have very low participation as Temecula is so far.

**Jasmine:** We need to get a head start on invite and honor the region rotating within it.

### **All Consortium PD, Thursday, October 23, 2025, 4:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.**

**Jasmine:** Introduction of the subject and covers the draft of the agenda. Location, MSJC Temecula Vally Campus due to our budget. Thursday, October 23 at 4:00-8:00 p.m., RSVP will go out early next week. Covers the focus of this event, how it came into place. Something to ground us as partitioners. We want to combine leadership to focus on instruction and practice. Leadership and teacher empowerment.

**Blair:** We have a lot of people who are coming that are not teachers, like clerks and our registrars so we cannot focus on teacher, maybe staff empowerment.

**Nohora:** Are we all okay with keeping the format with the general session then have dinner followed by two breakout sessions. This year we have two past years we had four, is everyone okay with this format?

**Jasmine:** Shift, to focus on strategy, it will be less steering committee; it will be partitioner based.

**Anthony:** How are we going to select what staff, I think we should collaborate.

**Jasmine:** ASE, most agencies do High school Diploma, but some only do GED, ABE. It is difficult to keep the numbers high. It would be helpful to make this a subject to see how to get these outcomes. Opened for discussion

**Blair:** Diploma teachers are not going to benefit from this they will need their own time form GED/ABE because they are not teaching, they are monitoring for cheating and AI use; we need an independent study breakout.

**Nohora:** We can offer a session for those teachers who monitor more than teach. We teach our students that use AI we bring them in to teach them how to properly use AI to learn and not cheat.

**Pauline:** For us, if they are not teaching, they monitor and support individuals.

**Jasmine:** For ESL and Citizenship folks Ellii is the consortium wide platform that we are supporting.

**Anthony:** I thought Ellii had a person to come out a train, would they be interested in joining the teacher to be there to answer some of the questions.

**Jasmine:** They do, we can look into that but do we have practitioners who would want to lead something like that?

**Blair:** Hector is already training everyone, and he is really good at using it so he can do this.

**Jasmine:** Okay, beautiful, we will admit to having a Ellii breakout room. Now are we okay with format and topics, team?

**Team:** Agrees to go full steam ahead.

**Jasmine:** Thank you, team, for your input and support we will get started on this next week. Please keep an eye out for that RSVP and we ask that you please send that out to your team.

### **Unallocated Budget Planning from 23-24**

**Jasmine:** Introduced the subject, whatever the balance is after PD will be divided and sent back should be under \$5,000.00. We have \$17,000.00 maybe \$13,000.00 because Survey Monkey will come out of that.

**Nohora:** I think it will be around \$5,000.00 left that needs to be spent by December 2025, if you receive any money back, \$200-\$300 please use it to sponsor the attendees of this event but use it by Dec 2025.

**Jasmine:** Our next unallocated bucket of monies, which we have until December 2026 for spend down. That is pretty sizable, it is 150k that will need to be spent by December 2026. We have \$6,000 maintenance mode that we decided, part of those monies will be towards community forum. We will hit that hard when we come back in January. Looking to divvy that up and send back across the agencies.

### **Transition Specialist Schedule**

**Jasmine:** Introduced the subject, Customer service, beyond survey, what are we approaching here.

**Nohora:** We don't offer classes but how do we help and redirect to our consortium. In the pellet we need more specific on what and who offers so we can all redirect and help each other.

**Nohora:** Who will facilitate, who in your agency can support that, who has the skills.

**Blair:** Can we have a centralized support discussion? Marlon, illation, and counselors to cover what everyone is handling.

**Mellisa:** AGGC, how do we make the referrals.

**Nohora:** I am going to put your agency in because we need to allocate time. I just want to make sure that we have your agency so that he can check with you every other week when you have that availability.

### **Data Meeting**

**Jasmine:** Introduce the subject

**Nohora:** Covered the topic, as we know we are going to continue with those data meetings. We'll let you know if we decide to finalize monthly or bimonthly after our first meeting with the team.

### **Elli Report Out**

**Nohora:** Introduced Elli, are we willing to train in Elli

**Blair:** Hector can train all, I will let him know. Note anyone who is using it needs to have someone who will be in charge of their data to add teachers so they can be trained in how to do that.

**Nohora:** Hector met with our teams and worked well so if you need him to train so you can take advantage of that program, let us know. Reminder it is unlimited students so take advantage of that program for your students.

### **Air Table for Student Progress**

**Blair:** Introduces the subject, covers how it works. My team cannot drop any students without me, office staff does it. We pay \$500/year because we have 5 users and you pay per user. Teacher fills out drop information, then it comes to me and I do the final follow up and drop. How do we go from 100 to 200 grads. It's the follow up and support that this allows us to offer. Tracking this I do not allow them to disappear or slip through the crack. Once I update the teacher gets an update but cannot do anything as far as actions. Early intervention is key and this is how we do that productively.

**Nohora:** How do they filter here when do they disappear?

**Blair:** They don't, the list gets longer and it gets categorized for my follow up. Our numbers are higher with this early innovation. Thanks to this, Cynthia is good at setting up and she can help as well as Hector.

**Anthony:** Can we use this for multiple data tracking without limits?

**Nohora:** I think this truly can help track on top of early follow up.

**Blair:** You can use this for anything, even as a consortium.

**Nohora:** If you need this and don't have the money, send us an email so we can quote and pay it from the unallocated budget.

**Blair:** Not everyone has to pay, you only pay for those who have access to data.

### **Instructional PLC Teams**

**Nohora:** Introduces the subject and covers; We will need a lead teacher that can attend once a month. They must commit and attend so pick someone that will be available, you can have two lead teachers if you want to separate the programs, but we need a name/names. Email Nohora with your PLC info so I can put teams/groups together.

### **Comments**

**Jasmine:** Open the floor for comments, no comments.

### **Adjourn**

**Ken:** called for a motion to adjourn.

**David:** and others seconded.

**Jasmine:** Meeting adjourned with well wishes for the start of the semester.

Jasmine Port Adjourned the meeting at 12:04 p.m.